- The False-Alarm-Ordinance to BAN Watering or Feeding, TARGETING “Wild Horses” in Sandoval County NM — It is not law, it is not on the books, and is fraudulently worse.
- Opposition to Sandoval County NM Proposed Ordinance to Ban Feeding or Watering of Wild Horses in Placitas to “improve road safety”. “Cattle” Guards for Safety are prevalent across NM and US, but NONE in Placitas.
- Postponement Request of SB301 and SB271 (Scheduled in HAAWC Tues) for Negotiation of NM Wild Equine Board under NM State Parks Dept.
- Meeting with Represenative McQueen 2/14/2023
- WHOA’s proactive and respectful road safety suggestions to NMDOT in 2019 and to Sandoval County Manager NM in 2021. (However, neither interested. . . clearly rather risk people, rather than protect wild horses.)
- The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) is a public 501 c3 non-profit corporation. To make donations: Or send checks to: Wild Horse Observers AssociationPO Box 932Placitas, NM 87043
Alternatively, you can help WHOA by making any of your Amazon purchases through this search widget (4% goes to WHOA):
Category Archives: Wild Horse Ecotourism
AGRIBIZ – WILD LANDS THEFT – Replacement of native flora (grasses) and resultant loss of fauna (wildlife). Note: 6/15/2022- NM Fires ongoing to date huge prescribed burns and others tbd.
WILD LANDS TO FEED LOTS – Conversion of public wild lands to low grade agricultural lands for non-native domesticated livestock using invasive or non-native species (including cheat grass and crested wheat grass). Brought in and allowed by Congress. Manipulated Extinction … Continue reading
The New Mexico First PR Group, aka Senator Udall and Senator Heinrich’s PR firm, along with a Placitan Group, are working to give illegal jurisdiction to the NM Livestock Board (NMLB) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over our … Continue reading
November 6 2015 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WINDMILLS & WATER FOR WILDLIFE: Third Update! San Felipe Pueblo – Wild Horse Sanctuary, New Mexico, United States November 6 2015 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WINDMILLS/WATER FOR WILDLIFE: Third Update! New Mexico, United States Yet … Continue reading
The first 4 Wild Horses tested, as required by WHOA legislation, upheld in the NM Supreme Court showed a 91 to 96% probability of being Spanish Mustangs. Values lower than 80% indicate crossbreeding per UC Davis. DNA Spanish 1 2 … Continue reading
PDF:Â Windmills for Wildlife Press Release
David Bueno has graciously and generously donated the use of some of his award winning photography to help raise funds for the Pueblo of San Felipe Wild Horse Sanctuary.
These beautiful murals are an incredible testimony to the Love, Respect, and Support, of the Wildlife and Wild Horses of Placitas New Mexico, by over 95% of the beautiful rural mountain community of Placitas. Channel 13, and the NM media … Continue reading
NM Governor Susanna Martinez Can Make History as a Consummate Leader….or Not Governor Martinez is “SAYIN” she is opposed to horse slaughter, but is acting powerless. However, Attorney at Law Pia Gallegos states “There exists sufficient potentiality for public harm … Continue reading
The New Mexico Livestock Board granted approval of use of PZP in New Mexico, however, Â Â it did so in a manner which effectively bars its use on any horses in New Mexico. Â In the NMLB’s cynical statement , it … Continue reading