- The False-Alarm-Ordinance to BAN Watering or Feeding, TARGETING “Wild Horses” in Sandoval County NM — It is not law, it is not on the books, and is fraudulently worse.
- Opposition to Sandoval County NM Proposed Ordinance to Ban Feeding or Watering of Wild Horses in Placitas to “improve road safety”. “Cattle” Guards for Safety are prevalent across NM and US, but NONE in Placitas.
- Postponement Request of SB301 and SB271 (Scheduled in HAAWC Tues) for Negotiation of NM Wild Equine Board under NM State Parks Dept.
- Meeting with Represenative McQueen 2/14/2023
- WHOA’s proactive and respectful road safety suggestions to NMDOT in 2019 and to Sandoval County Manager NM in 2021. (However, neither interested. . . clearly rather risk people, rather than protect wild horses.)
- The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) is a public 501 c3 non-profit corporation. To make donations: Or send checks to: Wild Horse Observers AssociationPO Box 932Placitas, NM 87043
Alternatively, you can help WHOA by making any of your Amazon purchases through this search widget (4% goes to WHOA):
Tag Archives: Sanctuary
OpinionÂ column by Patience O’Dowd, President of WHOA, as printed in the Albuquerque JournalÂ , 10/13/10 (after a week of WHOA prodding and urging the Journal editors):Â The proposed 12,000-acre expansion of Cerrillos State Park will be a great asset to New … Continue reading
Hello All, Â Â Senator Udall’s officeÂ states he isÂ “prepared” to help us with the BLM in Placitas – but appearsÂ to beÂ waiting to see if the Wild Horse State Park passes. The Albuquerque Journal has been railing away with 6 articles … Continue reading
The Albuquerque Journal has now printed, over the past two weeks,Â six opinion pieces denigratingÂ Governor Richardsonâ€™s proposed 12,000 acre expansion of Cerrillos State Park and creation of a wild horse sanctuary.Â Four of the opinion pieces masqueraded as news articles, with one … Continue reading
Date: 9/18/2010 Press Release:Â Governor Richardson Leads the Nation Creates First State Wild Horse Sanctuary Advocates for Wild Horses in Placitas NM Governor Richardson has taken a bold step toward protecting the nationâ€™s remaining wild horses and wildlife with his … Continue reading
The Committee to Promote New Mexico’s Wild Horse Parks had an opportunityÂ to make a presentation to Governor Richardson, and it went very well.Â We are hopeful andÂ optimistic for the Wild Horses of New Mexico!Â Here’s out presentation: Committee for NM … Continue reading
Here is WHOA’s mock-up of aÂ brochure for aÂ “Wild Horse State Park”, as part ofÂ WHOA’s proposal for a Wild Horse State Park inÂ Placitas, NMÂ and for utilizing New Mexico’s wild horses for eco-toursim.Â The brochure, as originally posted in early 2007 on … Continue reading