- DRAFT The False Alarm “Ordinance TARGETING “Wild Horses” in Sandoval County NM, is not law, is not on the books, and worse.
- Opposition to Sandoval County NM Proposed Ordinance to Ban Feeding or Watering of Wild Horses in Placitas to “improve road safety”. “Cattle” Guards for Safety are prevalent across NM and US, but NONE in Placitas.
- Postponement Request of SB301 and SB271 (Scheduled in HAAWC Tues) for Negotiation of NM Wild Equine Board under NM State Parks Dept.
- Meeting with Represenative McQueen 2/14/2023
- WHOA’s proactive and respectful road safety suggestions to NMDOT in 2019 and to Sandoval County Manager NM in 2021. (However, neither interested. . . clearly rather risk people, rather than protect wild horses.)
- The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) is a public 501 c3 non-profit corporation. To make donations: Or send checks to: Wild Horse Observers AssociationPO Box 932Placitas, NM 87043
Alternatively, you can help WHOA by making any of your Amazon purchases through this search widget (4% goes to WHOA):
Tag Archives: Susana Martinez
Navajo. Seven riders on horseback and dog trek against background of canyon cliffs. Edward S. Curtis (1904) PDF:Â MOU
The “working group” in the article below was literally requested by special interests just 5 days after Valley Meats announced they were opening a horse slaughter plant in Roswell, NM. This working group hid kill buyer dumping of horses rejected … Continue reading
PDF: MOU with Navajo Nation
The State of New Mexico is attacking all of it’s wild life including and especially it’s Wild Horses.The Wild Horses of Placitas are in the way of a planned Highway which will complete the noose around the Sandia Mountains and … Continue reading
The Albuquerque Journal pre-maturely starts the drum roll against the Placitas horses on Christmas Day attempting to threaten citizens on their own private property. While WHOA is not for feeding per-say, if feeding is totally banned, then the BLM and … Continue reading
“NN never did a survey. in last 3 months only onlyÂ 1500 capture in 60 chapters. . . Â (looking at our land where iÂ eat and sleep, iÂ would say 6600 horses ferals. and including wild horse would be close to 11000 all … Continue reading
Celebrating the work of Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly and former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson
PDF:Â Press Release Navajo Nation and Bill Richardson
PDF: PR Campaign First Victory
PDF: Martinez – Exec Order Slaughter Press Release PDF: The Unintended Consequences of Horse Slaughter for the US