- DRAFT The False Alarm “Ordinance TARGETING “Wild Horses” in Sandoval County NM, is not law, is not on the books, and worse.
- Opposition to Sandoval County NM Proposed Ordinance to Ban Feeding or Watering of Wild Horses in Placitas to “improve road safety”. “Cattle” Guards for Safety are prevalent across NM and US, but NONE in Placitas.
- Postponement Request of SB301 and SB271 (Scheduled in HAAWC Tues) for Negotiation of NM Wild Equine Board under NM State Parks Dept.
- Meeting with Represenative McQueen 2/14/2023
- WHOA’s proactive and respectful road safety suggestions to NMDOT in 2019 and to Sandoval County Manager NM in 2021. (However, neither interested. . . clearly rather risk people, rather than protect wild horses.)
- The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) is a public 501 c3 non-profit corporation. To make donations: Or send checks to: Wild Horse Observers AssociationPO Box 932Placitas, NM 87043
Alternatively, you can help WHOA by making any of your Amazon purchases through this search widget (4% goes to WHOA):
Tag Archives: Horse Slaughter
“NN never did a survey. in last 3 months only onlyÂ 1500 capture in 60 chapters. . . Â (looking at our land where iÂ eat and sleep, iÂ would say 6600 horses ferals. and including wild horse would be close to 11000 all … Continue reading
Celebrating the work of Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly and former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson
PDF:Â Press Release Navajo Nation and Bill Richardson
PDF: PR Campaign First Victory
PDF: Letter_President Obama_Horse Slaughter
PDF: Martinez – Exec Order Slaughter Press Release PDF: The Unintended Consequences of Horse Slaughter for the US
NM Governor Susanna Martinez Can Make History as a Consummate Leader….or Not Governor Martinez is “SAYIN” she is opposed to horse slaughter, but is acting powerless. However, Attorney at Law Pia Gallegos states “There exists sufficient potentiality for public harm … Continue reading
There is an incredible force of New Mexico government officials, horse industry representatives, and special interests in New Mexico pushing for a horse slaughter house on US soil. Currently there is a bill at the NM State Legislature, HB90, that … Continue reading
The New Mexico Livestock Board granted approval of use of PZP in New Mexico, however, Â Â it did so in a manner which effectively bars its use on any horses in New Mexico. Â In the NMLB’s cynical statement , it … Continue reading
All the letters, blogging, and phone calls helped end this possibility for New Mexico. The final nail was the European Union (EU) rejection of US horse meat which is plannedÂ on 7/13/13.Â Â The EUÂ declaration saved New Mexico from this Blow … Continue reading