- Opposition to Sandoval County NM Proposed Ordinance to Ban Feeding or Watering of Wild Horses in Placitas to “improve road safety”. “Cattle” Guards for Safety are prevalent across NM and US, but NONE in Placitas.
- Postponement Request of SB301 and SB271 (Scheduled in HAAWC Tues) for Negotiation of NM Wild Equine Board under NM State Parks Dept.
- Meeting with Represenative McQueen 2/14/2023
- WHOA’s proactive and respectful road safety suggestions to NMDOT in 2019 and to Sandoval County Manager NM in 2021. (However, neither interested. . . clearly rather risk people, rather than protect wild horses.)
- REQUEST FOR NEGOTIATION
- The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) is a public 501 c3 non-profit corporation. To make donations: Or send checks to: Wild Horse Observers AssociationPO Box 932Placitas, NM 87043
Alternatively, you can help WHOA by making any of your Amazon purchases through this search widget (4% goes to WHOA):
- ** Archived Links **
- American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign
- David Cramer Wild Horse Photos
- Film: Last of the Spanish Mustangs
- Film: Return of the Horse
- Film: Saving America's Horses
- Fund for Animals
- Humane Farming Association
- Humane Society of the United States
- Journal Watch
- Pathways: Wildlife Corridors of New Mexico
Tag Archives: martinez
MOU with Navajo Nation
Navajo. Seven riders on horseback and dog trek against background of canyon cliffs. Edward S. Curtis (1904) PDF:Â MOU
Posted in Horse Slaughter, Press Releases Tagged Contraception, Governor Martinez, Governor Richardson, Horse Slaughter, martinez, MOU, Navajo, New Mexico, PZP, slaughter, Susana Martinez, Susanna Martinez, Wild Horses Comments Off on MOU with Navajo Nation
Governor Martinez’ Fake Working Group on Horse Overpopulation
The “working group” in the article below was literally requested by special interests just 5 days after Valley Meats announced they were opening a horse slaughter plant in Roswell, NM. This working group hid kill buyer dumping of horses rejected … Continue reading
Posted in Horse Slaughter Tagged Governor Martinez, Horse Slaughter, KQRE, martinez, Navajo, New Mexico, NM Board of Finance, PZP, slaughter, Susana Martinez, Susanna Martinez Comments Off on Governor Martinez’ Fake Working Group on Horse Overpopulation
Ban Horse Slaughter in New Mexico!
PDF: Martinez – Exec Order Slaughter Press Release PDF: The Unintended Consequences of Horse Slaughter for the US
Posted in ACTION ALERTS!!!, Horse Slaughter, Press Releases Tagged animal abuse, Contraception, Ecotourism, Governor Martinez, Horse Slaughter, martinez, New Mexico, PZP, slaughter, Susana Martinez, Susanna Martinez Comments Off on Ban Horse Slaughter in New Mexico!
Executive Order to Ban Horse Slaughter in New Mexico!
NM Governor Susanna Martinez Can Make History as a Consummate Leader….or Not Governor Martinez is “SAYIN” she is opposed to horse slaughter, but is acting powerless. However, Attorney at Law Pia Gallegos states “There exists sufficient potentiality for public harm … Continue reading
Posted in ACTION ALERTS!!!, Horse Slaughter, Wild Horse Ecotourism Tagged animal abuse, Contraception, Ecotourism, Environmental Hazaard, Environmental Justice, Governor Martinez, Horse Slaughter, martinez, New Mexico, NM, slaughter, Slaughter Czar, Susana Martinez, Susanna Martinez Comments Off on Executive Order to Ban Horse Slaughter in New Mexico!
False Drums Beat On Horses and “Tribes” in New Mexico
There is an incredible force of New Mexico government officials, horse industry representatives, and special interests in New Mexico pushing for a horse slaughter house on US soil. Currently there is a bill at the NM State Legislature, HB90, that … Continue reading
Posted in ACTION ALERTS!!!, Federal Wild Horse and Burro Program, Horse Slaughter, Placitas Wild Horses Tagged BLM, Governor Martinez, Horse Slaughter, Legislation, martinez, New Mexico, Placitas, Placitas Wild Horses, San Felipe, Sandoval County, Santa Ana, slaughter, Susanna Martinez, Wild Horse and Burro Program, Wild Horse State Park, Wild Horses Comments Off on False Drums Beat On Horses and “Tribes” in New Mexico
Equine Slaughter House Feasibility
Unintended Consequences for the United States By Patience O’Dowd, WHOA President and Mary McNichols, PhD Given that there are three states Oklahoma, Wyoming and New Mexico considering Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption; We ask that you consider the substantial research/documentation … Continue reading
Posted in Horse Slaughter, Press Releases Tagged Legislation, martinez, slaughter Comments Off on Equine Slaughter House Feasibility