- Az Governor DUCEY Abandons the Alpine Wild Horses to Cruelty and Death. Illegally.
- PRESS RELEASE: The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) WINS Again v. STATE OF NEW MEXICO in the NM APPELLATE COURT. NM State’s WILD HORSES Firmly Established in 2007 by WHOA and continuosly LEGALLY PROTECTED in the courts and at legislature!
- THIRD AFFIDAVIT – WHY HELICOPTER ROUNDUPS ARE ILLEGAL – Warm Springs Oregon 2018
- WHOA et al. request 3/18/2022 to Halt/Stay round-up of Alpine Native Wild Horses in Arizona on the Apache USDA Forest Service National Forest, thankfully a one day- Monday reprieve.
- Breaking News – Placitan Charged in Death of Legally Wild Black Stallion
- The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) is a public 501 c3 non-profit corporation. To make donations: Or send checks to: Wild Horse Observers AssociationPO Box 932Placitas, NM 87043
Alternatively, you can help WHOA by making any of your Amazon purchases through this search widget (4% goes to WHOA):
Tag Archives: Cerrillos State Park
OpinionÂ column by Patience O’Dowd, President of WHOA, as printed in the Albuquerque JournalÂ , 10/13/10 (after a week of WHOA prodding and urging the Journal editors):Â The proposed 12,000-acre expansion of Cerrillos State Park will be a great asset to New … Continue reading
The Santa Fe County Commission voted unanimously to approve a resolution in support of the State’s proposed expansion of CerrillosÂ State Park, which will include a wild horse sanctuary.Â Â WHOA was in attendance, as was the Albuquerque Journal (which did some … Continue reading
Date: 9/18/2010 Press Release:Â Governor Richardson Leads the Nation Creates First State Wild Horse Sanctuary Advocates for Wild Horses in Placitas NM Governor Richardson has taken a bold step toward protecting the nationâ€™s remaining wild horses and wildlife with his … Continue reading
The Committee to Promote New Mexico’s Wild Horse Parks had an opportunityÂ to make a presentation to Governor Richardson, and it went very well.Â We are hopeful andÂ optimistic for the Wild Horses of New Mexico!Â Here’s out presentation: Committee for NM … Continue reading
Governor Richardson recently anouncedÂ in Washington, DC his intention to establishÂ a Wild Horse State Park in New Mexico. WHOA is much appreciative of his announcement and has aligned itself with several other New Mexico horse advocates in order toÂ urge this project … Continue reading
Here is WHOA’s mock-up of aÂ brochure for aÂ “Wild Horse State Park”, as part ofÂ WHOA’s proposal for a Wild Horse State Park inÂ Placitas, NMÂ and for utilizing New Mexico’s wild horses for eco-toursim.Â The brochure, as originally posted in early 2007 on … Continue reading