This section of NM RT165 is an important wildlife corridor of the Sandia Mountain section of the Rocky Mountains.
The wild horse died instantly and no humans were harmed.
Resident of Placitas charged with (1) Reckless Driving, (2) Animal Cruelty, (3)Leaving the Scene of an accident, (4)Making a False Affidavit, (5)Making a False Report of a Violation of the Criminal Code
VIDEO – December 3rd 2021, at 7:30 AM. Video of a driver going possibly 90mph in a 35mph zone per Officer’s Report – CAES NO. 21-001727 – Video above obtained from a passerby’s dash-cam and provided to police by Gary Miles of Placitas. Gary Miles also picked up the body.
Officer’s Narrative excerpts:
“Samuel’s speed at the time he hit the horse was likely double the speed limit possibly as high as 90mph in a 35mph zone from my speed estimates from the video and the time and distances traveled.” . . .
“Given this behavior Samuel could have easily hit oncoming traffic containing children on their way to school. With this in mind Samuel was driving in a reckless and negligent manner and will be charged with Reckless Driving.
Due to the, “Negligent Killing without Lawful Cause”, of the horse that resulted from his Reckless Driving. Samuel will also be charged with, “Misdemeanor Cruelty to Animals”.
“. . . Samuels vehicle was drivinging the exact center of the eastbound lane while driving westbound. . . . The photographs clearly showed that Samuel turned onto Interstate 25 drove down interstate 25 then got off at the 240 exit in Bernalillo.”
There are 5 witness in this case. There is also another Placitan and affidavit stating that this car has been seen through time speeding through the village from Casa Rosa on Friday and Saturday mornings through time. Affidavits below.
FULL POLICE REPORT HERE Case 21-001727
Witness Affidavit with pics showing the trail of the Red Kia’s engine fluids.
Previous Witness Affidavit
BREAKING NEWS: The Sandoval Signpost Stealthily Solicits and Incites their readership to commit crimes against the NM States Legally Wild Horses of Placitas.
The video above, affidavits, and other witness’ clearly show:
- This stretch of highway NM 165 is an official Wildlife Corridor in the rural mountain community of Placitas, NM.
- The young wild stallion was hit in the rear, breaking both back legs and he apparently died instantly. There were no gorey acts of “mercy” attempted or required after impact.
- The wild horse was hit by the Red Kia and sent flying forward approximately120 feet, landing off the South Side of the road and did not land on the road.
- The car was clearly speeding recklessly through the village in the early morning.
- The car was driven from the scene to Bernalillo, not left at the scene, and not stolen from the scene.
There are 5 witness in this case. There is also another Placitan and affidavit stating that this car has been seen through time speeding through the village from Casa Rosa on Friday and Saturday mornings through time and this Affidavit is also posted above.