KILLED FOR A CAUSE?
I, Patience O’Dowd of Sandoval County NM, do swear under penalty of perjury that the following statements are true to the best of my understanding and recollection.
On 1/19/23, I arrived at the scene of an alleged accident or crash site near the library in Placitas on rt 165 at about 8:20 AM. Upon information and belief, I believe that the vehicle that hit the horse was a dually truck and that it was a hit and run. (Dually: Double tires in the back.)
The police report and pics appear to show that either they were mis-led or that they were complicit in a false report.
The following data is pictorial documentation.
A WILD HORSE WAS HIT ON RT 165 1/19/2023
- This is the scene which I arrived to at 8:20M after receiving a call from Mr. Gary Miles AT 7:52 AM on 1/19/23.
- Gary Miles stated to me that he had received a number of calls that morning. Two of which were from the County and he was asked to come and pick up a dead wild horse.
- Gary did come and pick up the mare.
- NMDOT public records state they picked up the mare. See Exhibits after signature from inspection of public records requests to NMDOT.
- The wild horse, a mare, was allegedly hit at 12 or 12:30AM 1/19/23.
I blacked out the wild horse out of respect.
THE VEHICLE THAT HIT THE HORSE PER THE TIRE MARKS WAS A DUALLY TRUCK.
THIS AREA HAS GREAT VISIBILITY AT NIGHT DUE TO BEING SLIGHTLY UPHILL WITH MUCH REFLECTIVE GUARDRAILS AND SIGNAGE (NEAR THE LIBRARY) AS BACK DROP AT NIGHT. SEE BELOW.
THE DUALLY WAS HEADING EAST. ITS LEFT SIDE TIRES HAD CROSSED THE DOUBLE YELLOW LINE AND HIT THE HORSE.
THE TIRE MARKS ARE NINETYONE (91) FEET LONG BETWEEN THE HORSE’S BODY AND THE RADIATOR FLUID.
- THIS GIVES AN INDICATION THAT SPEED WAS LIKELY INVOLVED.
- SUPPLEMENTAL CALCULATION BY HAND CONFIRMS (SEE BOTTOM) SHOWS A SPEED OF 65mph in a 45mph. (More accurate than possible speed from online calculator.)
- IT IS NOTABLE THAT THERE ARE NO SKID MARKS PRIOR TO HITTING THE HORSE.
The wild horse was just to the left off the road next to the blood marks shown here.
THIS IS WHAT THE TRACKS LOOKED LIKE AT NIGHT.
– AGAIN, GREAT VISIBILITY HERE
– THIS HORSE RUNS IN A EASILY VISIBLE AND COLORFUL HERD, THOUGH IT IS BROWN.
– THERE ARE BOTH WILDLIFE AND WILD HORSE CAUTION SIGNAGE ON RT165.
- These horses are protcted wildlife, a natural resource of Placitas New Mexico, per 2007 legislation NMSA 77-18-5 (and therefore also the NM Animal Cruelty Law), passed by Senator Komadina with the Wild Horse Observers Association unanimous minus 1.
- Placitans overwhelmingly (86%) support these protected wild horses in their community by independant poll https://whoanm.org/wordpress/?p=275 Their protections have been sucessfully defended in the NM Appellate Court versus government law breakers who want them gone for developement. WHOA v NMLB I https://whoanm.org/wordpress/?p=317 NM Supreme Court also denied law breakers appeal of the Appellate Court win https://whoanm.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/NMSC-Order-Denying-Defs-Petition.pdf and WHOA v NMLB II https://whoanm.org/wordpress/?p=1053
- It is a crime to intentionally harm a protected wild horse, a NM state’s natural resource.
GARY MILES LOADED THE HORSE OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AT ABOUT 8:30AM 1/19/23 SEEN HERE.
Radiator/fluids were tracked down the street by traffic. Not well cleaned up by NMDOT and Sandoval County though antifreeze is lethal for animals.
THE MARE HAD BEEN EUTHANIZED AS SHOWN BY THE AFFECTS AT THE SCENE.
THE POLICE ALSO STATE THAT IN THEIR REPORT THAT THEY EUTHANIZED THE MARE.
THE DUALLY LEFT THE SCENE WHICH IS ILLEGAL BUT MADE IT ONLY 1.6 MILES TO THE 35MPH SPEED LIMIT SIGN ENTERING THE VILLAGE OF PLACITAS BEFORE PULLING OFF THE ROAD IN A SPOT FOLKS DO NOT NORMALLY PULL OVER AND PARK.
THE DUALLY TRUCK PULLED OFF THE ROAD, ITS RIGHT REAR TIRES LOCKING UP AGAIN AS SEEN BY TIRE MARKS ABOVE.
- POSSIBLY OVER HEATING DUE TO THE CRASH.
HERE THE DUALLY TRUCK WENT INTO THE MUD OFF THE ROAD
THE TRACKS SHOW UP WELL WITHOUT TREE SHADOWS AT NIGHT. THIS WAS THE BACK RIGHT TIRES ALSO AS CONFIRMED WITH THE LEFT REAR TIRES SHOWING UP IN THE DIRT BUT NOT LOCKING UP.
THE DUALLY CAME TO A STOP WITH BACK RIGHT TIRES STILL LOCKING UP IN THE SECOND MUD PATCH OFF THE ROAD.
THE EVIDENCE DOES NOT SUPPORT THE POLICE REPORT:
I. THE CAR APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN PRE-STAGED. IT MAY HAVE ACCIDENTALLY HIT AN UNGULATE ELSEWHERE (COW, ELK, ETC.) AND PLACED THERE AFTER THE DUALLY TRUCK PROVIDED A SAFER WAY TO HIT A HORSE FOR LEGISLATIVE PURPOSES. THIS IS HIGHLY PLAUSIBLE GIVEN THAT OTHER ACTUAL ACCIDENTS IN PLACITAS WITHOUT A HORSE INVOLVED HAVE BEEN UTILIZED BY THE LAND GRANT, AFTER THE FACT, TO BLAME THE WILD HORSES.):
- THE PHOTO OF THE CAR IN THE POLICE REPORT WAS IN FACT NOT IN-LINE WITH ANY TIRE MARKS.
- THE ONLY TIRE MARKS ARE FROM THE DUALLY TRUCK.
- HOWEVER, THE POLICE REPORT STATES (Crash no. 710496477, Case no. 23000097):
“THE DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE AND THE TIRE MARKINGS PRESENT ON THE GROUND WERE CONSISTENT WITH (Name Redacted) STORY OF THE INCIDENT.”
DUALLY MARKS NOT EVIDENT AT THE START BUT ARE CLEAR AT THE END AND ARE UNDERNEATH THE CAR.
THIS CAR A 2022, LIKELY HAS ABS BRAKES WHICH SUPPOSEDLY SHORTEN STOPPING DISTANCE.
- SPEED WAS VERY LIKELY INVOLVED PER THE LENGTH OF THE TIRE MARKS VERSUS (NAME REDACTED) STATED SHE WAS DRIVING AT APPROXIMATELY 50 MILES PER HOUR AND ATTEMPTED TO BREAK BEFORE STRIKING THE HORSE.
- I ALSO DO NOT BELIEVE THE DRIVER OF THE DUALLY TRUCK HIT THE BRAKES BEFORE HITTING THE HORSE THERE IS NO SIGN OF THAT IN THE ROAD, CONSISTENT WITH IT BEING A PURPOSEFUL ACT.
- THE PLACEMENT OR LOCATION, SIZE, AND REMOVAL OF THE DEBRIS, AND THE DEBRIS FROM THE CAR ITSELF, ALSO DO NOT MAKE SENSE, (OF WHICH I HAVE VIDEO AND PICTURES) THOUGH MUCH OF IT HAS NOW BEEN REMOVED.
- I BELIEVE IT IS LIKELY INSTEAD THAT THE TRUCK SPED UP TO HIT THE HORSE, AND AFTER HITTING THE HORSE TRIED TO SLOW DOWN TO KEEP CONTROL OF THE TRUCK.
- THE COUNTY DID CALL GARY MILES, BUT NOT UNTIL MORNING.
- THE DRIVER OF THE CAR HAD NO INJURIES PER THE POLICE RPORT.
- THE DRIVER OF THE CAR LIVES ON THE LAND GRANT, PER THE POLICE REPORT.
II.THE NMDOT REPORT TOOK CREDIT FOR PICKING UP THE HORSE, THOUGH GARY MILES PICKED HER UP AND TOOK HER TO THE LANDFILL AS HE USUALLY DOES. HE PICKS THEM UP NO MATTER WHAT TIME AND THIS IS WELL KNOWN AS HE IS USUALLY THE ONE THAT PUTS THEM DOWN WITH POLICE PERMISSION; AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT TIME, AND I HAVE BEEN A WITNESS. See the two NMDOT Exhibits after my signature.
- I BELIEVE THAT A CERTAIN FEW OF THE SANDOVAL COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE AND THE NMDOT MAY BE A PARTY TO THIS, GIVEN THEIR COVER UP REGARDING INSPECTION OF PUBLIC RECORDS SINCE THE 7/27/2022 COUNTY COMMISSION MEETING AND VOTES. THE COVER UP IS REGARDING THE COUNTY COMMISSION VOTES ON 7/27/2022 AND INITIAL CONSTRUCTION OF THE FUTURE HIGHWAY CONNECTING I25 TO RT 14 AND I40.
- I ALSO BELIEVE SOME AT THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE MAY BE A PARTY DUE TO THE CLEAR FACT THAT SPEED WAS INVOLVED NO MATTER WHAT VEHICLE HIT THAT HORSE IN A 45MPH AREA TO HAVE A 91 FT MARK OR COME TO A STOP 91 FEET AWAY. ANY CRASH REPORT SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED THIS FACT.
III.THE LAND GRANT STANDS TO GAIN WHEN THE WILD HORSES ARE GONE FROM THE “Buffalo Tract” BLM LANDS OF PLACITAS. (Bureau of Land Management (BLM)). VERY QUESTIONABLE BUSINESS HERE INCLUDING OUR FEDERAL AND STATE REPS AND LEGISSLATURE.
IV. THERE HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED FALSE TESTIMONY BY THE LAND GRANT TO THE INDIAN AFFAIRS COMMITTEE AT LEGISLATURE, REGARDING THE BLM LANDS AND BY STATE AND THE LAND GRANT REGARDING ALLEGED WILD HORSE ACCIDENTS.
V. THERE HAVE BEEN MULTIPLE WELL DOCUMENTED FALSE WRITTEN REPORTS (NMLB ANNUAL REPORT BY TH STATE VET) BY THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO TO BOTH THE GOVERNOR OF NM AND TO THE LEGISLATURE REGARDING WILD HORSE ACCIDENTS AND THE PLACITAS LAND GRANT. THIS IS A FORTH DEGREE FELONY.
VI. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME A HORSE WAS APPARENTLY INTENTIONALLY HIT (AT 70 TO 90MPH) AND THERE WAS FALSE TESTIMONY REGARDING THE MOTOR VEHICLE AND THE HORSE HIT IN THE ATTEMPT FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES. THAT PERSON WAS ALSO LIVING WITH LAND GRANT.
VII. THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS FALSE STATEMENTS BY LEGISLATORS AND THE STATE AT LEGISLATURE REGARDING THE DNA TESTING OF THE PLACITAS WILD HORSES, AND THEY ARE AGAIN WORKING TO DELETE SECTION 21 OF OUR NM CONSTITUTION UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, AND FALSE ADVERTISING, SAME AS LAST SESSION AND WERE DEFEATED.
VIII. LEGISLATURE IS REPEATEDLY COMPLICIT IN ATTEMPTING TO REDEFINE WILD HORSES IN NM OUT OF EXISTENCE IN A FRAUDULENT AND CORRUPT MANNER.
- THIS CRASH HAPPENED THE FIRST WEEK OF LEGISLATURE.
- THE BUFFALO TRACT PROTECTION ACT VERSUS MINING ON THE PLACITAS BLM HAS NOT PASSED.
- THE BLM AND THE STATE OF NM BOTH WANT GRAVEL MINING $$$ AND A HIGHWAY CONNECTING I25 AND I40 THROUGH THE PLACITAS BLM (NE CORRIDOR/LOOP RD).
- THE HORSES BLOCK BOTH THE MINING AND THE HIGHWAY BECAUSE OF LACK OF DUE PROCESS BY THE BLM IN THEIR RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PLAN UPDATE FOR THE “Buffalo Tract” BLM LANDS IN PLACITAS INITIATED IN 2008.
- SANDOVAL COUNTY VOTED TO START WORK ON THIS HIGHWAY ON JULY 27TH 2022 AND DID START THIS CONSTRUCTION. THE NMDOT AND SANDOVAL COUNTY HAVE BOTH WORKED TO HIDE THIS FROM THE COMMUNITY OF PLACITAS.
See Exhibits below. Further documentation mentioned above is available upon request. There is more information but I have attempted to be a brief as possible.
Patience O’Dowd 1/27/2023
THIS IS ALSO WRITTEN FOR THE SANDOVAL COUNTY WATCHDOG NEWS.INC
SUPPLEMENTAL CALCULATION of Speed – uploaded 2/20/2023 => If this was a car, which I do not believe, then the car was going 20 miles per hour over the speed limit of 45mph. If it was the Dually truck, the speed was 9.6 miles per hour over the speed limit. (Note: Only the back rt was skidding so the other wheels had good traction.)