- Opposition to Sandoval County NM Proposed Ordinance to Ban Feeding or Watering of Wild Horses in Placitas to “improve road safety”. “Cattle” Guards for Safety are prevalent across NM and US, but NONE in Placitas.
- Postponement Request of SB301 and SB271 (Scheduled in HAAWC Tues) for Negotiation of NM Wild Equine Board under NM State Parks Dept.
- Meeting with Represenative McQueen 2/14/2023
- WHOA’s proactive and respectful road safety suggestions to NMDOT in 2019 and to Sandoval County Manager NM in 2021. (However, neither interested. . . clearly rather risk people, rather than protect wild horses.)
- REQUEST FOR NEGOTIATION
- The Wild Horse Observers Association (WHOA) is a public 501 c3 non-profit corporation. To make donations: Or send checks to: Wild Horse Observers AssociationPO Box 932Placitas, NM 87043
Alternatively, you can help WHOA by making any of your Amazon purchases through this search widget (4% goes to WHOA):
- ** Archived Links **
- American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign
- David Cramer Wild Horse Photos
- Film: Last of the Spanish Mustangs
- Film: Return of the Horse
- Film: Saving America's Horses
- Fund for Animals
- Humane Farming Association
- Humane Society of the United States
- Journal Watch
- Pathways: Wildlife Corridors of New Mexico
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Stampede to Oblivion
FREE FILM! â€“ STAMPEDE TO OBLIVION Sat July 14th @ 2:00PM Albuquerque Main Library 501 Copper Avenue NW 505.768.5141 By Peabody award-winningÂ George Knapp of KLAS news. Bring your questions! There will be discussions and a question and answer period.
Posted in Federal Wild Horse and Burro Program, Horse Slaughter Comments Off on Stampede to Oblivion
Horses Horses Horses â€“Itâ€™s time for some of the Facts!
With less than 500 wild horses remaining on all New Mexicoâ€™s federal lands, down from over 7,500 in 1974, and with an average of only 71 abandoned Â horses/yrÂ estrayed across the entire state of New Mexico over the last 6 years, … Continue reading
Posted in Horse Slaughter, Placitas Wild Horses, Press Releases Comments Off on Horses Horses Horses â€“Itâ€™s time for some of the Facts!